正文共:8024字12图
预计阅读时间:21分钟
图文俱佳,深情并茂,非常值得你学习。
这是#十天计划#的
第 2本
第 2 天

1.An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
一天一苹果,疾病不找我。
(eating an apple every day helps a person to stay healthy)

Boy, do I ever feel lousy! I don’t have any energy lately.
天啊,感觉好糟糕! 我最近没什么精力。
Have you been eating a lot of junk food炙炎梵天剑 ?
你最近是不是吃了很多垃圾食品?
Now that you mention it, I have, but I don’t think that alone could account for my fatigue. It’s got to be something else. I’m going to see my doctor tomorrow and have her check me out.
你这么一说汪达怀斯 ,我确实有,但我认为单单这个并不能解释我的疲劳。 肯定是别的东西。 我明天要去看医生,让她检查下。
Fine—but in the future, that might not be necessary if you watch what you eat. Don’t you know that an apple a day keeps the doctor away?
好吧 - 不过以后如果你注意自己吃的东西,可能就没必要看医生了。 你没听说“一天一苹果,疾病不找我”吗?
Sure. I’ve heard that proverb before, but I’ve never taken it seriously. I can’t believe that just by eating one apple a day I’ll stay healthy and strong and won’t ever need to see a doctor.
当然。 我以前听过这个谚语,但我从来没有认真对待过。 我无法相信,只要每天吃一个苹果,我就会保持健康和强壮,并且永远不需要去看医生番茄助手 。
Try it! You might like it. What do you have to lose?
尝试一下! 你可能会喜欢它。也没什么好损失的对吧?
2.Do as I say, not as I do.
依我所言,勿仿我行。
(follow my advice, but don’t follow my example)

For heaven’s sake, Dave. You smell like a chimney. How many times do I have to tell you that smoking is going to eat out your lungs and take years off your life?
老天爷啊,戴夫,你闻起来像个烟囱。 我告诉你多少次了,吸烟会把你的肺部吃掉,并让你短命好几年?
You can talk all you want—but look at you!
你说什么都行 - 但看看你!
Never mind me. Do as I say, not as I do.
别管我。 依我所言,勿仿我行。
But you’ve been smoking ever since you were a teenager.
但你从少年起就一直在吸烟。
Just because I made a mistake doesn’t mean you have to repeat it. I’m telling you to follow my advice, not my example.
仅仅因为我犯了一个错误并不意味着你必须重复它。 我告诉你遵循我的建议,而不是我的榜样。
OK. You win. I’ll try. But why don’t we both try to stop? Maybe we can help each other out.
好。 你赢了。 我会尽力。 但为什么我们不都试图戒掉? 也许我们可以互相帮助。
You’re on. I’ll give it a whirl.
听你的。 我会试试。
3.If you can’t beat them, join them.
敌不过,当求和。
(if you can’t defeat your opponents, join forces with them)

Mrs.Kowalski had never been much of a sports fan—unlike her husband and two children. On weekends the others would take in either a baseball or a football game, while she stayed home alone. After a while the situation became a source of great annoyance to her.
Kowalski夫人从来不是个体育迷,不像她的丈夫和两个孩子。邓楚涵 在周末,其他人将参加棒球或足球比赛,而她独自待在家里。 过了一阵子后,这种情况成了她非常烦恼的来源。
One weekend, to the utteramazement of her husband and children, she announced that she wanted to attend the football game with them. She thought, if you can’t beat them, join them.
一个周末,让她的丈夫和孩子非常吃惊的是,她宣布她想和他们一起参加足球比赛。 她想,敌不过,当求和。
Mrs. Kowalski realized that since she could not talk her family out of attending the games, she might as well join them in one of their favorite pastimes. By joining her family on the weekends she would alleviateher loneliness, and in time she might even come to like sports as much as her husband and children did.
Kowalski夫人意识到,由于她无法说服家人不要出去参加比赛,她不妨参加他们最喜欢的消遣活动之一。 通过在周末加入她的家人,她会减轻她的孤独感,并且最终她可能会像她的丈夫和孩子一样喜欢运动。
4.If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
三十六计,走为上策。
(if you can’t tolerate the pressures of a particular situation, remove yourself from that situation)

When Chris got a position as a legal secretary with one of the most prestigiouslaw firms in the city, he was elated. However, it was not long before he became snowed under with work. As the pressures of the job increased, he began to complain about the long hours and the excessiveamount of work. One day, after a fellow employee heard him complain once again about the stack of paperwork on his desk, she quite bluntlytold him: If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
当克里斯担任该市最负盛名的律师事务所的法律秘书时,他很高兴。 然而,不久之后,他开始不堪重负。 随着工作压力的增加,他开始抱怨长时间工作和过量工作。 有一天,当一位同事听到他再次抱怨桌子上堆满了文书时,她很直率地告诉他:三十六计,走为上策。
Actually,Chris had been thinking about quitting. After only three months on the job, it became apparent to him that since he could not handle the pressures of the job, he should leave the firm and seek employment elsewhere. The only reason he had been hanging on was because good jobs were so hard to come by.
其实,克里斯一直在考虑辞职。 在工作三个月后,对他来说显而易见的是,由于他无法承受工作压力,他应该离开公司并在其他地方寻找工作。 他一直坚持的唯一理由是因为好的工作很难得。
5.Leave well enough alone.
适可而止。
(don’t try to improve something that is already satisfactory)

Greetings, Vicki. What have you been up to lately?
你好呀,Vicki。 你最近在忙什么?
Oh, I’ve been busy working on my sculpture for the spring art exhibition. I’m just not satisfied with the symmetry between the head and the torso.
哦裘慕远 ,我一直忙于为春季艺术展做我的雕塑。 我就是不满意头部和躯干之间的对称性。
I’m no connoisseur, but when I saw your sculpture last week I was very impressed. Really, Vicki. Don’t change a thing! Leave well enough alone! If you keep trying to improve your sculpture,you might end up ruining it.
我不是美术鉴赏家,但是当我上周看到你的雕塑时,我印象非常深刻。 真的,Vcki。 一点儿都不要改变了! 适可而止! 如果你不断尝试改进雕塑,你可能会毁了它。
Do you really think so?
你真的这样想吗?
Absolutely. There’s no reason for you to change something that is already satisfactory.
绝对。 你没有理由改变已经令人满意的东西。
Maybe you’re right. I’ll sleep on it and see how I feel about the whole thing tomorrow.
也许你是对的。 我会好好想想,明天整体感受下。
6.Look before you leap.
三思而后行。
(consider all aspects of a situation before you take any action)

You sure are concentrating! What’s so interesting?
你可真专注叶世荣冥婚。什么东西这么有趣?
Oh. Hi, Ed. I didn’t hear you come in. I’m thinking of investing in that shopping center going up near Tiburon Beach, so I was just reading about the proposed shops for the center.
哦。 嗨,Ed。 我没有听见你进来,我正在考虑在Tiburon海滩附近投资购物中心,所以我刚刚读到了该中心拟议的商店。
If you want my opinion, I think you should look beforeyou leap. That center is being built on a landfill. Aren’t you waryof problems with settling, let alone an earthquake?
如果你想要我的意见,我认为你应该三思而后行。那个中心建在一个垃圾填埋场上面。 你不担心下沉的问题吗?更不用说地震了?
Have no fear! I’m considering all aspects of the situation before I take any action. But from what I’ve read so far, it sounds like a great investment.
能不怕吗! 在采取任何行动之前,我正在考虑所有情况。 但从我目前阅读的内容来看,这听起来像是一笔很好的投资。
7.Make hay while the sun shines.
晒草要趁太阳好。
(take advantage of an opportunity to do something)

Come on, Jed. Don’t be such a wet blanket! Come with us to the state fair.
来嘛,Jed,别这么扫兴咪唑烷基脲!和我们一起去国家博览会。
I’d like to, but I’m swamped with work. Maybe next time.
我想去义马吧 ,但是我被工作淹没了。 下次吧。
That’s what you’re always saying, and next time never comes. You’re young. Make hay while the sun shines. Trips like this one don’t come around every day.
你总是这样说,下一次永远不会来了。 你年轻。 晒草要趁太阳好。像这样的旅行不会每天都有。
I’m really tempted, but I’ve got to finish this paperwork.
我真的很想,但我必须完成这份文件。
Meanwhile, life is passing you right by. You should take advantage of an opportunity to do something when it’s available. Doesn’t the fact that Mary Ann will be coming along tempt you?
与此同时,生活正在路过你。 您应该趁机会还在把握住。 玛丽安会一同去,这个试试有没有诱惑到你?
Mary Ann is going?
玛丽安要去?
Absolutely.
绝对。
Well, maybe just this once I could take a break from working. OK. Count me in!
好吧,也许就这一次,我才能休息一下。 好。 算我一个!
8. Strike while the iron is hot.
趁热打铁。
(act at the best possible time)

If you intend to make an offer on that house you were thinking of buying, now is the time to do it.
如果你打算在那间房子上出价,现在是时候这样做了。
But I can only offer considerablyless than what the owner is asking. I don’t know if she’ll accept.
但我只能提供比主人要求的要低得多的价格。 我不知道她是否会接受。
I recommend that you strike while the iron is hot. It’s a buyer’s market right now. It’s a good time to make an offer, even if it is low.
我建议你趁热打铁。现在它是一个买方市场。 即使价格低也是个好时机。
Hmm. I do like the house. I guess I’ll give it a try. As you said, my chances for success are greater if I act at the best possible time.
嗯。 我确实喜欢那个房子。 我想我会试试看。 正如你所说,如果我在最佳时间采取行动,我的成功机会就会更大。
That’s right. If you make an offer now, there’s an excellent chance that it will be accepted.
那就对了。 如果你现在提供报价,那么很可能会被接受。
9.The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
欲得君心,先悦君腹男体盛 。
(the way to gain a man’s love is by preparing food that he enjoys)

Wow, Ludmilla! You look beautiful! What’s the big occasion?
哇,Ludmilla! 你看起来很美! 什么大场合?
I’ve got a date with Yuri. I hope that tonight he’ll come out and tell me how much he cares for me.
我和尤里有约会。 我希望今晚他会出来告诉我他有多关心我。
You’ve been going with Yuri for quite some time. If he still hasn’t expressed his feelings, I think you ought to try another approach. Have you ever stopped to think that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach? You’re a fantastic cook. Why not invite him to a nice home-cooked meal?
你已经和尤里相处了一段时间了。 如果他还没有表达他的感受,我想你应该尝试另一种方法。 你有没有停下来想想欲得君心,先悦君腹? 你是一位出色的厨师。 为什么不邀请他来一顿美味的家常餐?
Why didn’t I think of that before? Tonight I’ll invite him to have dinner at my place next weekend.
我之前怎么没有想到这一点? 今晚我会邀请他在下周末来我家吃晚饭。
There you go! Prepare a meal that he enjoys, and he’ll love you for sure!
走你!准备一顿他喜欢的饭,他肯定会爱你的!
9.When in Rome do as the Romans do.
入乡随俗。
(when traveling, follow the customs of the local people)

Jane and Ray had been homebodiesmost of their lives, but after their kids were grown and out of the nest, they decided to take a trip around the world. Of course, they were inexperienced travelers and they had trouble accepting the customs of the people in the countries they visited.
Jane和Ray在他们生活中的大部分时间都是家庭,但是当他们的孩子长大成人后,他们决定去世界各地旅行。 当然,他们是没有经验的旅行者,他们无法接受他们所访问国家的人民习俗。
To make them feel more comfortable during their travels, some members of the tour group recommended that when in Rome do as the Romans do. They suggested that Jane and Ray should make an effort to follow the customs of the local inhabitants and not expect to behave in a foreign country as they would at home. Once they began to follow this advice, Jane and Ray enjoyed their trip much more.
为了让他们在旅途中感觉更舒适,旅行团的一些成员建议入乡随俗。 他们建议Jane和Ray应该努力遵循当地居民的习俗,不要期望在国外像在家一样行事。 一旦他们开始遵循这个建议,简和雷更加享受他们的旅行了。

上一篇:孝庄秘史主题歌 下一篇:2017中考必看:苏州四星高中自主招生流程全攻略!-苏州东坡书院

繁华落尽 转瞬即逝

我们需要透过一系列的训练来突破关卡,我们需要达到一个不受到过去历史的羁绊的心境,透过这样的心境,进而引导成为一个适合进行前进到战士人,我们需要成为一个完美无缺的战士,我们的目标是遵循着力量进入无限的领域和穿越!